none
Install Windows Phone Store Apps through OMADM RRS feed

• Question

• As a part of my MDM server features is Application management. I understand that Windows Phones are able to manage enterprise applications signed by AET through the embedded OMADM client and this is usually called Sideloading of applications.

My question is it possible to do the same for public Applications published on Window Phone Store through OMADM? Without the need for a Company Hub.

I am highly confused as there is a section in the below document stating that "MDM system can provide a deep link to Windows Phone Store apps". Please Can you verify that Windows Store Apps can be managed through OMADM and if yes what is the CSP to do that ?

http://download.microsoft.com/download/B/6/C/B6C2B6E7-0E9A-427D-8869-CA2D381F49A6/Windows-Phone-8-1-MDM-Overview.pdf

Thursday, November 13, 2014 8:57 AM

Answers

All replies

• You can only manage the Enterprise apps installed using MDM . You cannot manage the apps that is installed from store or from store link. 

From docs:

Windows Phone 8.1:
    Q: Is it possible to get an application inventory of the entire phone or just enterprise-deployed apps?
    A: The MDM server can only inventory enterprise-deployed apps. However if the server knows the product ID of the app, it could query to find out whether that app is installed in the device in Windows Phone 8.1.

Thursday, November 13, 2014 8:08 PM
  • Hi Rashmi, Thanks for clarifying that only enterprise apps can be managed by MDM.

Before closing this thread, please can you explain what does the document mean by "deep links to Windows Phone Store apps" ? and how MDM send the deep links to Windows devices ?

Friday, November 14, 2014 9:27 AM
  • You will have to provide a link to the store app through company hub app which is pushed to the device by MDM. Similar to the steps described below in for intune scenario.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/simonmay/archive/2013/04/17/the-deployment-sessions-009-deeplinking-a-windows-store-app-on-windows-rt-from-windows-intune.aspx

• Marked as answer by A.Slim Tuesday, November 25, 2014 2:42 PM
    Thursday, November 20, 2014 8:36 PM