none
Add-in events not firing after upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Word Add-In developed in Visual Studio 2013 for Word 2013.  It all works correctly.

I am now trying to upgrade this Add-In to Visual Studio 2017 and Office 2016.  However, the AddIn events are not firing - for example, ThisAddIn_Startup, which fires correctly in 2013 does not fire in the new environment.  

I know my development environment configuration is correct, because when I create a brand new Word 2013 and 2016 VSTO Add-In project in Visual Studio 2017, the event fires correctly against Word 2016.  I am clearly missing something from my upgrade project.  Does anyone know what that could be?

Tuesday, August 8, 2017 12:52 AM

All replies

• Hello,

If ThisAddIn_Startup doesnt fire, i think your add-in is disabled. Please follow How to: Re-enable a VSTO Add-in That Has Been Disabled to enable your add-in and check if you would get any error.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 9, 2017 2:37 AM
  • Hi WayneAllen,

you had mentioned that , the events are not working after you try to upgrade to VS 2017 and office 2016.

I try to make a test on my side and try to upgrade the solution.

events works correctly on my side.

did you got any error or warning message?

if yes, let us know about that.

what happen when you try to run your addin from VS 2017, does it load the addin when you run the project?

if it runs then try to put the break point on 'ThisAddIn_Startup' start up event and check whether it is executing or not.

if it executes then try to debug it line by line and check the result.

also check and confirm that your addin not displaying in disabled addin list.

if it is displaying there then try to enable it and make a test again.

let us know about your testing result , so that we can try to provide you further suggestion.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 10, 2017 7:51 AM