none
block existing connected client for all version of ms outlook to specific mailbox in exchange 2010/2013 Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

Assume that there are outlook desktop app (e.g outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016) connecting to specific mailbox in exchange server 2010/2013
    How to disconnect and block existing connected client for all version of ms outlook to specific mailbox in exchange 2010/2013 Server?

I tried the following command and waited more than 30 min which do not achieve this purpose. Thanks

Set-CasMailbox -Identity "user@abc.com" -MAPIEnabled:$False -MapiHttpEnabled:$False
    Set-CasMailbox -Identity "user@abc.com" -EWSEnabled:$False -EwsAllowOutlook:$False
    Set-CasMailbox -Identity "user@abc.com" -MAPIBlockOutlookNonCachedMode:$True -MAPIBlockOutlookRpcHttp:$True -MAPIBlockOutlookExternalConnectivity:$True
    Set-CasMailbox -Identity "user@abc.com" -MAPIBlockOutlookVersions:'-16.9.9'

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 2:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Kenneth72,

Have you checked this links:

Enable ActiveSync for Mailbox Users using Powershell

Set-CASMailbox

Also, please make sure that you have assigned permissions before you can run this cmdlet. 

Regards,

Simon

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 3:06 AM
  • Hello Kenneth

To block the existing account from a specific mailbox you can use EAC. To Enable Active Sync, follow the steps

• In the EAC go to Recipients
    • Go to the Mailboxes list and select the mailbox which you want to enable
    • Click on Edit then select Properties and click on Mailbox feature
    • Now select the option 'Enable Exchange Active Sync'
    • Click on Save and exit

Hope this solves your issue. Mark it as answer if the problem resolved 

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 5:15 AM
  • Thanks all

but I want to disable outlook desktop app to access specific mailbox such as window 7, 10 and disable activeSync only to handle for mobile devices. I can disable it by MAPIEnabled switch but we need to close existing outlook app first and reopen it to make effective.

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 7:37 AM
  • I think it is necessary to close the existing Outlook app will be effective.

Regards,

Simon

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 11:52 AM