none
What files should be packed to submit to MS? RRS feed

• Question

• I am a new guy for driver. Now I need to get the Win8 logo for the driver, the driver has passed the WHCK Test, but I don't know how and what files should submit to MS?

Is there anybody could tell me? Thank you!

• Moved by HLK ModeratorModerator Tuesday, October 2, 2012 9:40 PM (From:Windows Hardware WDK and Driver Development)
    Tuesday, September 25, 2012 2:01 AM

Answers

• That is up to you but at a minimum, you need to include the driver package (files needed to install your driver). You can optionally include symbols and other customer value add-ons. If you are using the HCK Studio, there is a package tab for adding the driver package, associating the product OS and locales, and packaging everything up. The package process will automatically pull in the necessary file (i.e. test results) from the testing process.

John -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 4:32 PM

All replies

• That is up to you but at a minimum, you need to include the driver package (files needed to install your driver). You can optionally include symbols and other customer value add-ons. If you are using the HCK Studio, there is a package tab for adding the driver package, associating the product OS and locales, and packaging everything up. The package process will automatically pull in the necessary file (i.e. test results) from the testing process.

John -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 4:32 PM
  • Thank you very much! 

Driver package(files needed to install your driver) if this means I need a".cat", a".inf", a ".sys", and a ".ico" files? and symbols means .pdb file?

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 2:51 AM
  • Yes

Thursday, September 27, 2012 3:49 PM