Question about Calendar Events RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Wanted to just get some suggestions for a solution for Calendar events:

I used a standard Calendar app to create a simple Event Management system for a client. Works fine as is, the client creates a new event record for each training event. I'm able to track RSVPs and all works well, as this is ultimately just another flat-file List.

Client is asking for a means to create multiple events based on the same event - For example: they schedule a trainer to come in for the entire day, and they want to create a 10:00, 11:00, 2:00 and 3:00 sessions of the original event, already created. Alternately, when they create a new event, they want to create all of the sessions at that time.

My suggestion was to simply create an overall event for each session, and just change the start times for each one. They thought that would be too cumbersome.

Looking for an Out of the Box means to do this.

Lastly, their server license is such that we cannot use InfoPath for any solution. 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 5:01 PM

Answers

• Thinking about this some more, you could probably do this by creating a bunch of additional columns to enter times into. Then create a workflow to check if those fields are populated, and if so, create a list item for each and grab information from the original event to populate all of the other fields.

cameron rautmann

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 5:28 PM
  • Cameron,

Thanks for the replies. The additional fields approach above looks interesting, I'll see if that will work.

Thanks again!

• Marked as answer by Pandra8011 Tuesday, November 7, 2017 5:41 PM
    Wednesday, October 25, 2017 10:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Pandra- I can't think of any out of the box way to accomplish what you want. The only thing I can think of is a workflow, but you'd have to customize it each time you needed a new set of events. That would be more work than just creating them individually.

cameron rautmann

• Edited by croute1 Wednesday, October 25, 2017 5:24 PM
    Wednesday, October 25, 2017 5:24 PM
  • Thinking about this some more, you could probably do this by creating a bunch of additional columns to enter times into. Then create a workflow to check if those fields are populated, and if so, create a list item for each and grab information from the original event to populate all of the other fields.

cameron rautmann

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 5:28 PM
  • Cameron,

Thanks for the replies. The additional fields approach above looks interesting, I'll see if that will work.

Thanks again!

• Marked as answer by Pandra8011 Tuesday, November 7, 2017 5:41 PM
    Wednesday, October 25, 2017 10:32 PM
  • Hi,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue.

Thanks,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, October 27, 2017 6:15 AM