Automatically start video when cued RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I dont have this option to un tick in the Silverlight to stop a video playing until it is needed. The tutorial says it should be in the output section. I believe that all the options are not available in all the player templates, so maybe I just need to get a template that allows me to load the video and to play it when needed and not straight away. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated. I am using expressions 4 by the way.

Thank You 

Sean

Thursday, September 27, 2012 3:17 PM

All replies

• If i understand you question correctly, I believe the option to autostart or not will be available in the silverlight properties after you insert it into a web page.

Expression Web MVP

Thursday, September 27, 2012 5:28 PM
  • You would probably be better off asking this in the Blend or the Silverlight forum, but just in case, I found this in my "EW Tips and Tricks" file in EverNote:

Re: Stop Silverlight Autoplay in Expression Web 4

To make it not autoplay you can try set AutoPlay and AutoLoad to false

<param name="initparams" value='playerSettings =

<Playlist>
          <AutoPlay>false</AutoPlay>
          <AutoLoad>false</AutoLoad>

</Playlist>

You would, of course, enter that into your params after inserting the video into the page. Give that a try and see if it works.

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

• Edited by paladyn Friday, September 28, 2012 3:24 AM
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:53 PM