none
wcf-custom sqlbinding system.timeoutexception RRS feed

• Question

• Hello
    I have a receive location configured for typedpolling. Config looks like this:
    - useAmbientTransaction = true
    - msdtc ping and tester is working properly (biztalk and other database are on different servers)
    - transactioninboundservicebehavior= readcommitted

I always receive a system.timeoutexception:

The adapter "WCF-Custom" raised an error message. Details "System.TimeoutException: Exception of type 'System.TimeoutException' was thrown.

at Microsoft.Adapters.AdapterUtilities.TimeoutHelper.GetRemainingTimeoutAndThrowDefaultExceptionMessageIfExpired()

at Microsoft.Adapters.Sql.ExecutionHelper.ExecuteReader(SqlCommand sqlCommand, CommandBehavior commandBehavior, TimeoutHelper timeoutHelper)

at Microsoft.Adapters.Sql.SqlAdapterInboundHandler.Polling_TryReceive(TimeoutHelper timeoutHelper, Message& wcfMessage)

at Microsoft.Adapters.Sql.SqlAdapterInboundHandler.TryReceive(TimeSpan timeout, Message& message, IInboundReply& reply)

at Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.Channels.AdapterInputChannel.TryReceive(TimeSpan timeout, Message& message)

at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.InputChannelBinder.TryReceive(TimeSpan timeout, RequestContext& requestContext)

at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ErrorHandlingReceiver.TryReceive(TimeSpan timeout, RequestContext& requestContext)".

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Any ideas ??

Thx

Monday, October 25, 2010 12:29 PM

All replies

• Additionaly, if useAmbienttransaction is set to False, messages are succesfully published into the messagebox, if set to True, no messges are published. I only receive the timeout issue in the evenlog.

Many thanks for your feedback.

Monday, October 25, 2010 1:10 PM
  • Hi,

Yes this behaviour has been discussed in a different context in this thread also if you haven't seen it already.

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers - MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server
    blog: http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Monday, October 25, 2010 2:32 PM
  • Hi

Indeed, the solution mentionned in this thread is to set useAmbientTransaction to the value of False. Because biztalk databases and the database I use to poll data from, are on different sql server, msdtc needs to coördinate the transaction. Setting this value to False is not an option.

In fact, my solution is working properly in evirionments where distributed transactions are not used. From the moment MSDTC (useAmbienttransaction = true) comes into the game, I receive timeout-exceptions and transaction-exceptions. Both exceptions are logged to the evenlog as "Warnings". The exception about transaction is as follows:

The adapter "WCF-Custom" raised an error message. Details "System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.

DTCPing and DTCTest are working properly.

Grtz

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 12:45 PM
  • Did you ever solve this? I am having what sounds to be the exact same issue and I pretty much want to throw myself off of a tall building.
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 11:57 PM