ASPNETDB.MDF for memberships RRS feed

• Question

• User-143047122 posted

Dear All...

after configuring website, and creating users and Roles, all these data will be stored in Sql database. it's easy to copy this database to the website using FTP. but it's not easy to connect to it on the webserver. on localhost, it's easy, but in my case, our hosting allow 1 database only. is it possible to make all database tables embed into my database?

I want that users and Roles and all these security tables can be added in my single database...

is that possible??

Thanks

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 7:32 AM

Answers

• User-319574463 posted

You can indeed add other tables to ASPNETDB, however it does it make it difficult to upgrade it.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, July 16, 2008 8:09 AM
  • User1922085829 posted

You can use the Hosting server for all the table. You can use aspnet_regsql.exe for the same. Well for the detailed instruction about how to use that please go through http://www.asp.net/learn/security/tutorial-04-cs.aspx .

If this helps you, Please dont forget to mark it as your answer so that others can be benefited
    Thursday, July 17, 2008 1:19 AM

All replies

• User-319574463 posted

You can indeed add other tables to ASPNETDB, however it does it make it difficult to upgrade it.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 8:09 AM
  • User-143047122 posted

the problem is that I cannot connect to this membership database. I can only create database using hosting utilities and connect to it. and while trying to connect to membership database, I got this error:

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 9:09 AM
  • User1922085829 posted

You can use the Hosting server for all the table. You can use aspnet_regsql.exe for the same. Well for the detailed instruction about how to use that please go through http://www.asp.net/learn/security/tutorial-04-cs.aspx .

If this helps you, Please dont forget to mark it as your answer so that others can be benefited
    Thursday, July 17, 2008 1:19 AM