Cross-site workflow lookup RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

I've stuck with a following question:

- we're using Sharepoint 2010 Std for our installation

- some automation has been done with SPD, but no VS or any other custom code

- there's a list on top level site (Site1) containing organizations names and corresponding HR email address

- another list is created on sub-sub-site (located Site1->Site2->Site3).

- site column (created on top-level site) is used to create lookup for organization name within this list on Site3

- now I'm trying to create workflow in SPD to send out email to organization's HR contact on specific field change

How can I make a lookup for top-site list field from within SPD workflow ran on sub-sub-site?

Site columns aren't visible in email To field selector.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Denis

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 4:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I understand that you want to use columns in top level site in sub sites. Here is the detailed steps to use the HR email address of Site1 in Site3:

• In Site1 create a Site column of Lookup type. Set this column to lookup from Organization  Name column in the list.
      • Choose the HR Email Address column as additional column.
      • Open the list in Site3. Click List Settings>Add from Existing site columns.
      • Add the lookup column created in step1.In this way the HR Email Address column will show up as additional column in this list. You can also use this column in workflow.
      • Click on these users in the send email action. Choose ‘Workflow lookup for a user’ and click Add .Here you can select the HR Email Address column in current item.

Thanks,

Entan Ming

Entan Ming

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Entan Ming Wednesday, October 3, 2012 1:44 PM
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:23 AM