none
File adapter with Credentials in BizTalk Server 2013 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• We are in the process of replacing our ageing BTS 2009/Windows 2003 platform with BTS 2013 R2 and Windows Server 2012 R2.

We expected a few snags during our upgrade path since it involves a new HA cluster, new OS version, new MQ server, replacing B-logical sftp adapter with the new native sftp adapter etc. It has taken some time, but we have not run into any show stoppers until now.

We are having massive trouble with the File adapter when used with credentials. 

We are getting the following error:

The adapter failed to transmit message going to send port send_port_name with URL "\\SAP server\\share\%MessageID%.xml
    It will be retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this Send Port. 
    Details:"The FILE send adapter cannot open file 
    \\SAP server\\share\{E5D0D474-292B-4C5B-B83E-73C9CF793D93}.xml for writing

Details: Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again.

We have of course verified that the network credentials we provide are correct. The share we try to connect to is the same share as we access in our current production environment, and the user/pwd is the same. In BTS 2009 it works without a hitch

When googeling this error everything pointed to the obvious, that we are already accessing this share/resource using different credentials. The problem is, we are not. The share is not mapped in any way, net use cmd shows no command, and just to be sure we have also run "net use */delete". 

Has anybody experienced anything like this before? Any clues as to what could cause this and most importantly how to fix/work around it?

Oh, and we are experiencing this issue both on our new production rig and in our staging environment so the problem should hopefully be reproducible. 

Details about our new setup:

BizTalk 2013 R2

The share we are trying to access resides on a SAP windows server running windows 2008 R2, but we have seen the same trouble when accessing a samba share from a redhat linux server so hopefully this is not all that relevant. 

Wednesday, September 3, 2014 7:07 AM

Answers

• First, this is not a BizTalk issue and that is not a BizTalk error message.

This is a Windows issue.

In some other session, you have a connection to that other machine using different credentials.  That's it.

I'm pretty sure net use will only show the connections for the current user process.  With BizTalk specifically, it's usually a mis-configured File Adapter Port.

Wednesday, September 3, 2014 11:33 AM

All replies

• Can you try with server ip address instead of server name SAP Server in UNC, and restart your Biz Talk services once.

Regards

Suman

Wednesday, September 3, 2014 9:46 AM
  • First, this is not a BizTalk issue and that is not a BizTalk error message.

This is a Windows issue.

In some other session, you have a connection to that other machine using different credentials.  That's it.

I'm pretty sure net use will only show the connections for the current user process.  With BizTalk specifically, it's usually a mis-configured File Adapter Port.

Wednesday, September 3, 2014 11:33 AM
  • Hmm.

Apparantly it worked when I used IP address to share.

what may be interesting was that when I used get-smbconnection to list smb connections to share i got two lines shen using fully qualified domain name, but only one when using IP address.

it looked like this when I used server name

ServerName               ShareName                UserName                 Credential                 Dialect                  NumOpens
    ----------               ---------                --------                 ----------                 -------                  --------
    sap.Server.DOMAIN.COM   MyShare           DOMAIN\BTS_Service_account  DOMAIN.COM\BTS_Service_account   2.10                     0
    sap.Server.DOMAIN.COM   MyShare           DOMAIN\BTS_Service_account  DOMAIN\NetworkShareUser          2.10                     1

when using ip address I got these results:

ServerName               ShareName                UserName                 Credential                 Dialect                  NumOpens
    ----------               ---------                --------                 ----------                 -------                  --------
    sap.Server.DOMAIN.COM   MyShare           DOMAIN\BTS_Service_account  DOMAIN\NetworkShareUser          2.10                     1

Wednesday, September 3, 2014 1:15 PM
  • This is due to async Windows SMB performance improvements in Windows 2012/2012 R2, which introduced a race condition during logon/logoff, when using alternate credential in the file adapter. We have created fixes for this. Please install both BizTalk 2013 R2 CU1 and Windows hotfix 3068441, which should resolve the issue. Using and IP address disables Kerberos and revert to NTLM which changes the timing, which may also get around the issue.

3068441 (or later SMB fix): https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3068441

BizTalk 2013 R2 CU1 or later: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2555976

Workarounds I can think of:
    - Allow the host user account access to the file share
    - Use IP address

Related post: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f2c6a60c-8141-4c93-bed8-a810b4adbb3d/biztalk-2013r2-and-windows-server-2012r2-multiple-connections-to-a-server-or-shared-resource-by?forum=biztalkgeneral

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 10:56 AM