none
Opening a solution in VS2017PRO freezes window

Question

• Whenever I open a solution in VS2017 it freezes the window. I've waited 30 minutes and it still is frozen without loading the screencast. 

I had no problems opening the solution on VS2015PRO and can open small lightweight solutions on VS2017PRO. 

Enclosed is a screencast of me reproducing the error: 

https://www.screencast.com/t/lyrM3HaBIMt

Thanks.

Friday, April 7, 2017 6:59 PM

All replies

• >Whenever I open a solution in VS2017 it freezes the window. I've waited 30 minutes and it still is frozen without loading the screencast. 

I noticed in the bug reports for the latest update for VS2017 to V15.1 that several problems to do with loading solutions were
    reported to be fixed. Have you updated to that version yet?

Dave

Friday, April 7, 2017 11:10 PM
  • Yes I am on the latest version of VS2017.
    Monday, April 10, 2017 5:48 PM
  • >Yes I am on the latest version of VS2017.

Sorry :(

If you have a solution that reproduces the problem that you can share, please report it using the Report a Problem tool.

Dave

Monday, April 10, 2017 10:26 PM
  • @EDP_Will.wang, since you still encountered this freezes issue on the latest version of VS2017, you can report it to Visual Studio team again or re-open the issue on the Develop Community and follow your comments:https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/24938/vs2017-not-responding-when-opening-a-solution.html

As a temporary solution, I would like give you some troubleshootings to resolve this issue:

1. Is that solution created by Visual Studio 2015, then opened by Visual Studio 2017? If yes, try to create a blank project with Visual Studio 2015 then open it with Visual Studio 2017, check if it works fine.

2. Check your projects whether include testsettings files or not, and if you rename or delete them, are you able to open the solution then?

3. Try to delete .vs folder then open it with Visual Studio 2017, check if it works fine.

Hope this can help you.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 6:35 AM