none
System.Speech.Synthesis GetInstalledVoices() : How to install additional voices, like a french voice. RRS feed

Answers

• It doesn't look like those voices work with System.Speech.  They do work in Office applications if you set the proofing language accordingly.

I believe this engine is controlled by the Microsoft.Speech SDK.

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Thursday, May 23, 2013 10:37 PM

All replies

• It doesn't look like those voices work with System.Speech.  They do work in Office applications if you set the proofing language accordingly.

I believe this engine is controlled by the Microsoft.Speech SDK.

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Thursday, May 23, 2013 10:37 PM
  • Leave these voice aside, I would like to put forward a question in another way: How can I add additional voice to window 8.1 so that my add can use the additional language in my app. Put the question in another way: isn't it good idea to bundle the voice pack with its respective language pack, At least offer that as an option?

Peter Lu .Net Enterprise Wide Application Architect MCTS, MCDBA, MCPD/EA State Local and Education Division HP Enterprise Services

Sunday, December 22, 2013 2:51 PM