none
oledb provider development RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to ask questions (currently I have only one half-newbie question pending) regarding OLEDB provider development. Which would be the best place to do it?

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 1:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• What exactly do you need to do? Do you need to develop brand new OLEDB provider? For which data source?

Thursday, October 18, 2007 10:54 AM
  • However our own provider already exists (it is not a complicated one/not that kind yet, it only reads data from a text file), it is likely that feature cuts will be made due to performance reasons, so it is going to return a forward-only recordset. Most aspects of that are suitable for us, but I'm not sure whether there is a possibility to support the RecordCount ADO property without having to implement bookmark support, which is in a contradictionary sense with the concept of forward-only recordsets/cursors in my eyes. And if it can be supported, could you give me some pointers?

I would also be interested in any kind of official resources/forums where questions like the above have surely been asked and answered already.

Thanks in advance!

Thursday, October 18, 2007 11:19 AM
  • I'm not aware of an MSDN forum for OLEDB provider development. You may want to try posting to the NNTP msnews.microsoft.com newsgroup microsoft.public.data.oledb.

Otherwise you can also try the documentation:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms722784.aspx

Friday, October 19, 2007 12:43 PM
  • Thanks, I'll retry at microsoft.public.data.oledb.

Janca

Saturday, October 20, 2007 1:16 PM