Multiple Periodic Notifications to same Subscriber based out of single Event RRS feed

• Question

• We have a requirement where in we need to schedule notifications in folloing period:

1.) 2 days before the Order Start Date

2.) 1 day before the Order Start Date

3.) When the Order start date arrives

I understand making application defination files for sending notifications for a single period eg. 2 days before or 1 day before. But, i am not able to understand the logic to be used in SQL Notification Services so that we can send notifications as per the above schedule.

Please guide me for this and if possible any sample for this will be be very helpful.

regards,

Rajiv

Saturday, July 21, 2007 5:38 PM

Answers

• You can create 3 subscriptions, each with a different subscriber device, and use the xslt directory structure to format the notifications as needed.

The base folder is search first for a matching locale and then for the devicetype.

HTH...

Joe

Monday, July 23, 2007 5:29 PM

All replies

• What Event Provider are you using? If it's the SQL Server Event Provider,
    you can draft use the T-SQL that recognizes new events to conform to your
    schedule.

Monday, July 23, 2007 12:25 PM
  • We are using SQL Server Event Provider.  Actually, the complete requirement is that in case an Order is not approved before 2 days of its start then we send a notification. In case 1 day before the start date the order is still not approved we send a notification. And, in case on start date also the order is not approved we sent a notification.

In each of the three cases the email format / content will be different.

Please suggest.

regards,

Rajiv

Monday, July 23, 2007 3:52 PM
  • You can create 3 subscriptions, each with a different subscriber device, and use the xslt directory structure to format the notifications as needed.

The base folder is search first for a matching locale and then for the devicetype.

HTH...

Joe

Monday, July 23, 2007 5:29 PM