My replies keep disappearing while using WDP, General OS questions forum

Question

• Several of my replies keep disappearing after I had posted them just the way I post the ones that don't, with the result that either I have to repost when I come to know about them or become too lethargic to bother again. Do I refresh on my browser after each reply is submitted ?

On one occasion, when I wrote a second reply, the first reappeared and I had to delete one of them. But I am not so lucky every time.

Irfan

• Edited by Irfanfare Tuesday, December 6, 2011 3:11 PM to complete
    Tuesday, December 6, 2011 3:00 PM

Answers

• Hello Marilyn,

its not happening anymore, but this page opens rather disorganized and has availability issue at times. Since the yellow bar mentions a problem with certain MS sites, its not a reporting matter.

Thx.

Irfan
    Thursday, December 8, 2011 3:38 PM

All replies

• Irfanfare,

How long have you been experiencing this issue?  Are you using the Metro version of Internet Explorer 10 or the Desktop version?  Have you tried deleting your temporary files, history cookies and web form information to see if that resolves the issue?

Thanks,

Chris
    Tuesday, December 6, 2011 3:42 PM
  • Thanks Chris,

the desktop version, while replying, since I am directed from links on Outlook. Experiencing it for about a week, deleted the files about the same time, but not because of this issue but when IE was not responding fast enough.

Irfan
    Tuesday, December 6, 2011 5:17 PM
  • Hello Irfan,

Need to clarify a few points from you.
    Has this issue with the forum just begun happening (today or yesterday) or has it been happening for quite a while?
    Several Microsoft forums have had some functionality issues over the past 2 days and the cause is being looked into. 

Have you tried with a different operating system or only Windows Developer Preview? If possible, see if the issue is only with Windows Developer
    Preview.

Please let us know the status of your issue and we will be glad to troubleshoot with you.

Marilyn 
    Marilyn
    Tuesday, December 6, 2011 9:00 PM
  • Thanks Marilyn,

its been happening for about a week, not a day or two. I haven't tried with a different OS because I was suspecting it to be happening with the web site, remember it was unresponsive a few days back and it was mentioned here by some one in the thread about font smoothening in ClearType vs the one in Mac ? 
    It is not happening today, the last it happened was immediately before I submitted the question.

Irfan
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 3:27 AM
  • Hi Infran,

Let us know if you are still experiencing the issue and if it continues we will be happy to investigate.
    It may be a website issue too so just keep us in the loop so we can work with you.

Thanks,

Marilyn
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 6:44 PM
  • the desktop version, while replying, since I am directed from links on Outlook.

@ Irfan

Does that mean you are using  Outlook's  RSS Feed reader?  If so, are you judging a reply's "disappearance" by whether you see it again in your feed?  Then to be sure you should first look at a refreshed view of the thread you replied to, using your browser.  If using IE Desktop press Ctrl-F5 instead of relying on whatever the normal Refresh procedure would do.   (I don't know how the Metro version provides the same function.)  The difference is (hopefully) that you would be requesting the thread as if you had never seen it before.   A more complete procedure would be to clear your "TIF" before retrying: e.g. press Ctrl-Shift-Delete and check *only* Temporary Internet Files in the Delete Browsing History dialog.   (A Metro IE use could do that using the Control Panel's Internet Options applet.)  If you then see your reply that way but not some other way, you would have to diagnose what was wrong with the other way.   ; )

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, December 7, 2011 10:44 PM
  • Hello Marilyn,

its not happening anymore, but this page opens rather disorganized and has availability issue at times. Since the yellow bar mentions a problem with certain MS sites, its not a reporting matter.

Thx.

Irfan
    Thursday, December 8, 2011 3:38 PM
  • Hi Robert,

I'm not using RSS, am just subscribed for email to the threads I reply on. It's the replies that disappeared after being submitted on the Forum. Thx for giving me Ctrl-Shift-Delete shortcut, its handy. 

Irfan
    Thursday, December 8, 2011 3:50 PM