none
Can I assign Disk of 7 TB to a Linux VM on Azure. Please let me know which Tier I should select Basic or Standard.

Question

• Can I assign Disk of 7 TB to a Linux VM on Azure. Please let me know which Tier I should select Basic or Standard.

Any Step by Step Procedure will be helpful.

Friday, November 20, 2015 10:05 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The maximum disk size on Azure is 1 TB.

So you will need to aggregate seven (7) 1 TB disks (Stripping) to obtain the required size.

You will have to choose a VM size which supports at least 7 disks, so 8 disks on Azure.

The adequate VM sizes are with 8 disks are. The VM configuration also change (Basic are preferably for dev/test purposes and not for production)

- Basic A3

- A3

- A6

- D3

- D12

- D3-V2

- D12-V2

- G2

Check the Azure prices to determine the size you want to get

Then you have to attach 7 disks and use a aggregation tool to aggregate the disks to have 7 TB:

Example (Depends on the Linux distribution) : https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/AWojo/entry/basic_linux_lvm_striping1?lang=en

Regards, Samir Farhat || Datacenter Consultant || The way to share my knowledge with the community Visit my blog : buildwindows.wordpress.com buildwindows.wordpress.com </a>

• Proposed as answer by Mustafa ToromanMVP Friday, November 20, 2015 10:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mits_J9 Friday, November 20, 2015 10:30 AM
    Friday, November 20, 2015 10:20 AM

All replies