New Subsription In Reporting Services RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello

I have a Daily Report With 8 Parameters. The First parameter is type date.

some of the param gets a deafult value and some gets Hard Coded values.

the problem is with the date parameter which gets deafult value.

i Expect the Subscription to take the deafult value from the RDL and generate

me a daily report and sent it via mail.

What happens is that the RS takes always the same value and sent it by mail.

the value for the date parameter is the date i export the report to the server.

Does any one has an idea of why it happens?

Thanks In Advanced

Regards,

amir

Sunday, January 27, 2008 5:29 AM

Answers

• Why should i use the "data driven subscription" instand of the subscription?

in the data driven subscription you need to enter a valid query for all the parameter and

the subcription take the deafult value from the server , it seems easier.

i will try your way but i dont understand why it's not works in the subscription.

Thanks,

Sunday, January 27, 2008 9:24 AM

All replies

• set the default value of your date parameter to
    Code Snippet

=today

When you configure the subscription, configure this parameter to use the default value. This might help you.
    Sunday, January 27, 2008 7:42 AM
  • Hi

The Parameter Has it's deafult value from the DB .

the value is not always today but it can be two days ago like today, we are in sunday

and the data is for the 25th.

i want the subscription to take this value and generate the report with this value.

if i run the report manually it's works fine, the problem is with the subscription

mechanism which dont take the value from the deafult.

Thanks,
    Sunday, January 27, 2008 8:07 AM
  • Why dont you configure a data driven subscription then? If you go for a data driven subscription, you can load values from your db and assign to the parameters.

Sunday, January 27, 2008 9:07 AM
  • Why should i use the "data driven subscription" instand of the subscription?

in the data driven subscription you need to enter a valid query for all the parameter and

the subcription take the deafult value from the server , it seems easier.

i will try your way but i dont understand why it's not works in the subscription.

Thanks,

Sunday, January 27, 2008 9:24 AM