none
Printer preferences in v4 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We are developing V4 printer driver for a printer and have a question regarding printer preferences UI. We have a custom UI / property sheet to be displayed with printer preferences. So, we developed UI as part of printer extension. We were able to see the UI from printer preferences after installation. However, we want the default property sheets Layout and Paper/Quality tabs attached to our custom UI. How can we achieve this in V4 architecture similar to Unidrv.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    gubbam

Tuesday, January 2, 2018 10:18 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The printer preferences for V4 drivers directly launches the Desktop Printer Extension (DPE) executable.

There is no mechanism to display standard tabs in DPE. 

Thanks 

Tuesday, January 2, 2018 10:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The printer preferences for V4 drivers directly launches the Desktop Printer Extension (DPE) executable.

There is no mechanism to display standard tabs in DPE. 

Thanks 

Tuesday, January 2, 2018 10:06 PM
  • Thanks for the reply.

In this case, can I create my own tabbed UI (printer extension) and display the feature content from GPD files. Is this a possible?

Regards,
    Madhukar

Wednesday, January 3, 2018 5:45 AM
  • Created out own tabbed UI and able to invoke from printer preferences. I have question here. How do I read the feature from GPD and display in UI. Can I create a map of GPD<->Property bag and read the contents from property bag and display when printer preferences is invoked. Is this the correct procedure?

Wednesday, January 10, 2018 10:47 AM