Window Mobile 6 - Mobile Internet Explorer Bug RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I seem to have come across a bug in Mobile Internet Explorer on Windows Mobile 6.

I am developing a simple HTML form with a single input field, and several read only text boxes below it.

I have found that if the PDA on screen keyboard appears over the top of the page content, I am then unable to type in the input text box, pressing the keys on the on screen keyboard does nothing.

If I make the page smaller, i.e. so that it only occupies the space above where the keyboard pops up, I do not have this problem?

Is there a setting I need to stop this behaviour?

Thanks,

Tom Early
    Monday, February 15, 2010 9:14 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Tom,

I am a little confused about your description, can you explain following statement:
    >>I have found that if the PDA on screen keyboard appears over the top of the page content, I am then unable to type in the input text box, pressing the keys on the on screen keyboard does nothing.

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 5:15 AM
  • Hi,

I have made a webpage with a HTML form. I am loading the HTML page within Mobile Internet Explorer on Windows Mobile 6.

Sometimes, when the on screen keyboard appears over the top of some of the fields in the form,  I am then unable to type in the input text box, pressing the keys on the on screen keyboard does nothing.

If I make the content of the page smaller in height, so that when the on screen keyboard appears, it appears below the content, then this doesn't cause this issue.

Hope this explains a bit better.

Thanks,

Tom
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 8:14 AM
  • Hi Tom,

The proper way is change the form height base on the SIP showing or hiding. For more information:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/netfxcompact/thread/11297cd5-424e-4832-af88-bed77b99f6e1

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Friday, February 19, 2010 6:17 AM