Microsoft ODBC driver for SQL Server on Windows Server 2019? RRS feed

• Question

• I need to install the Microsoft ODBC driver for SQL Server on a Windows Server 2019 machine (to connect to an Azure SQL database), but the installer for 17 (17.3.1.1) won't let me (says its not a supported OS).  Is there any way to get the updated Microsoft ODBC driver for SQL Server installed in this operating system?
    Thursday, July 25, 2019 7:49 PM

Answers

• I appreciate the help, but maybe I wasn't clear on my question.  I have already downloaded the Microsoft ODBC driver 17.3 as you linked, but this driver will not install on Windows Server 2019.  Has anyone else encountered this issue and found a way to get this installed on Windows Server 2019?
    Hi Keith R Bates,
    As Rachel said, please share with us more information, maybe a screen capture will help alot. 
    Maybe you downloaded the wrong Version for the operating system?
    Friday, July 26, 2019 3:59 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

There is an official article , please refer to it.

Installing the Microsoft ODBC Driver for SQL Server on Linux and macOS

At the beginning of this article , you will find download link. Please kindly check it.

Best Regards,

Rachel

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 26, 2019 2:14 AM
  • Hi,

You can prefer to this: 

ODBC Driver 17.3 for SQL Server

This article belongs to Microsoft and I believe it has more other informations that you need.

Friday, July 26, 2019 2:22 AM
  • Oh by the way, you can try to download it Here
    Friday, July 26, 2019 2:23 AM
  • I appreciate the help, but maybe I wasn't clear on my question.  I have already downloaded the Microsoft ODBC driver 17.3 as you linked, but this driver will not install on Windows Server 2019.  Has anyone else encountered this issue and found a way to get this installed on Windows Server 2019?
    Friday, July 26, 2019 2:30 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your kind reply.

As you said that 'this driver will not install on Windows Server 2019', did you get an error message ? Could you please share us more information?

In Microsoft® ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server® - Windows, Linux, & macOS, please check Supported Operating System .

Linux, Mac OS X, Windows 10 , Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016

To use Azure AD Authentication please install the following before installing the ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server.

Microsoft Active Directory Authentication Library for SQL Server

Hope it will help you.

Best Regards,

Rachel

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 26, 2019 3:00 AM
    Hi Keith R Bates,
    As Rachel said, please share with us more information, maybe a screen capture will help alot. 
    Friday, July 26, 2019 3:59 AM

Hi Keith R Bates,
    That was it.  I needed the 32-bit driver, so I had downloaded the x86 installer, not realizing the x64 installer installs both the 32-bit and 64-bit drivers.  
    Friday, July 26, 2019 4:13 AM