ASP. NET web running through IIS Local Server RRS feed

• Question

• User-1577434769 posted

Hi all,

I believe this is the right place to post this.

First all, I haven't got much knowledge on coding but I can do a few simple tweaks on html and java. So I will put you in situation.

I have a web app which there is a text editor and I would like to add more fonts to it. I have update the css style with the new webfonts, then I am trying to localise where this combobox is so I can add the new fonts into it. Moreover, I thought  it was a good idea to use visual studio and go through the design view which it would be easier for me to identify where this code is located. Unfortunately, my design view is blank when I try to preview the main .htm. I tried the same process in a few editors and always get the design view in blank.

This web app run through an IIS server which I believe I have installed all what is required but I must be missing something somewhere. Obviously, if I run the web app from a browser worked completely, the issue comes when I try to change the code and identify it in a visual design. 

I hope I explained well and I apologize if this isn't the right place to post it, but this is driving me mental as I spent 3 full days on this.

I look forward to hearing from your suggestions/ideas.

Thank you 

Juan

Thursday, October 4, 2018 8:07 AM

All replies

• User-821857111 posted

Unfortunately, my design view is blank when I try to preview the main .htm
    So this isn't an ASP.NET file? 

If you want an HTML editor, try Expression Web (https://www.microsoft.com/en-GB/download/details.aspx?id=36179).

Thursday, October 4, 2018 12:17 PM
  • User-1577434769 posted

First all, I apologize for not wording correctly the issue. 

This is a snapshot from my visual studio Solution Explorer tree, which I believe It's a ASP. NET web. https://imgur.com/a/Aillh3G

They only thing I am trying to aim, it's to be able to have de preview in my design view so I can edit my combobox as I do not have deep knowleedge in this.

Thank you

Thursday, October 4, 2018 1:00 PM
  • User-821857111 posted

The Visual Designer in Visual Studio is not a general HTML WYSIWYG editor. It will attempt to render a Web Form (.aspx file), but not an htm (or html) file. 

Thursday, October 4, 2018 1:33 PM
  • User1724605321 posted

Hi Waldous,

As @Mike said , the default HTML editor (for static HTML) doesn't have a design view. As a workaround , you can use Web forms editor to help you design HTML :

1.Right click any HTML file in the Solution Explorer in Visual Studio and click on Open with
    2.Select the HTML (web forms) editor
    3.Click on Set as default (optional)
    4.Click on the OK button

Best Regards,

Nan Yu

Friday, October 5, 2018 2:41 AM