register users with verify sms only In Web API RRS feed

• Question

• User-909675066 posted

I work with asp.net web api and Identity
    I want to register users with sms only. without username, email and password (like telegram)
    when user install my app, the only thing it want from user is his phone number.
    Then an verify code is sent to him with sms and he will be registered.
    and then the user can get token.

Attention1: I not use Two-Factor Authentication.
    Attention2: In MVC this is a simple task, but in the WEB API there is no code for Verify code in Identity

Is It Possible In Identity?
    Or with changes in Identity?
    Or should I completely write all the apps myself?

Sunday, October 22, 2017 7:23 PM

All replies

• User-271186128 posted

Hi sasiano,

Welcome to asp.net forum.

I want to register users with sms only. without usernameemail and password (like telegram)
    when user install my app, the only thing it want from user is his phone number.
    Then an verify code is sent to him with sms and he will be registered.
    and then the user can get token.

Attention1: I not use Two-Factor Authentication.
    Attention2: In MVC this is a simple task, but in the WEB API there is no code for Verify code in Identity

You could try to implement simple Twilio service for sending sms.

Twilio provide Services to send the verification code with call and text.

http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/call-verification-service-using-web-api/ 

https://stackoverflow.com/a/17757717 

Best regards,
    Dillion

Disclaimer: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Monday, October 23, 2017 7:18 AM