Stop Application Pool does not trigger PersistenceIOParticipant.BeginOnSave RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

When i stop the IIS application pool, the persistence will not trigger PersistenceIOParticipant.BeginOnSave to save the customize data into database, however it does save the persistence record into [System.Activities.DurableInstancing].[InstancesTable].

Kindly advise!

Thursday, October 14, 2010 9:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

PersistenceIOParticipant should work with persistence. Could you verify that PersistenceIOParticipant.BeginOnSave works in a nidle scenario?
    Stop Application Pool will not trigger persistence participant. workflow persisting will.

Regards
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Microsoft Online Community Support. My Blog:http://xhinker.com "Microsoft Windows Workflow Foundation 4.0 Cookbook"
    Monday, October 18, 2010 8:24 AM
  • Hi, My problem is only happen in IIS application pool. Which meant if i start the service using WCF Project-> Debug -> Start new instance, the beginOnsave work without error while service Stop. However, when i use application Pool in IIS to start the service, while the service stop, the beginOnSave is not work as expected. Kindly advice!
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 2:38 AM
  • Hi,

Please use IIS but not the Local Development server, they are different in many aspects. Real applications should be host in IIS, and then you should test it in IIS too.

->"the beginOnsave work without error while service Stop"
    As I asked in the above post, could you verify that PersistenceIOParticipant.BeginOnSave works in a idle scenario?.
    Or you can send me a sample project (xhinker[at]gmail.com), and I will check it for you.

Regards

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Microsoft Online Community Support. My Blog:http://xhinker.com "Microsoft Windows Workflow Foundation 4.0 Cookbook"
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 2:47 AM
  • Hi,

the idle scenario will not trigger PersistenceIOParticipant.BeginOnSave.  I am actually using the tutorial sample from microsoft WF_WCF_Samples\WF\Basic\Execution\ControllingWorkflowApplications and convert this window application to WCF application.

The problem had been resolved, due to the access right in db setup.

Regards,

Tze Wen

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 8:12 AM