Sending keypresses to WMP DVD window - bet you can't answer this one! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I don't know if this is the correct newsgroup or not, but it seems to be the closest programming newsgroup to what I need.  If anyone knows a better PROGRAMMING newsgroup to address the following question, please let me know.

I have created a small ATL application with a WMP OCX control to play DVD movies and controlled by a TV remote via CEC..  Everything I have tried works great -- playing, event handling, etc.  The ONLY thing I cannot get it to do so far is to accept keys programmatically.  I cannot find an API for sending keys to the DVD interface, which is too bad, since it does have APIs for sending forward/reverse/play/pause. 

I want to be able to translate the remote control arrow keys to operate the DVD Top menu selections.  I get the remote control keys just fine through CEC, but I cannot find a way to send them to the WMP DVD window.  I can send them to my application, but they are not sent to the DVD window.  I think the root of this issue is getting the correct window handle.  I have been able to enumerate a window called "ActiveMovie Window", but sending keystrokes to this window does nothing.

HELP!!!

Thursday, July 19, 2007 9:47 PM

Answers

All replies