Display Driver question: How to exchange the session and paging keys initially and where does the encryption happens later.. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are in the phase of designing a display driver for our video card that also supports PMP, DXVA 2.0, etc. in Media Foundation.

I understand that a session key and the paging key are generated during the driver initialize function and passed on to hardware in a secure fashion.

Later, for every media playback a new content key is generated and the video data is encrypted before it can be sent on a User-Accessible-Bus (pci-express).

I have gone through many documents on DXVA/PMP and Media foundation (output_protect.doc, PVP_DXVA2VideoDecode_022505.doc, etc.) and also through the msdn documentation on Media Foundation. But havent succeeded yet to find an API  or sample code that shows how to do the key exchange and encryption. :(

Did I miss something?

I am a newbie to driver development... so pardon me if I missed something obvious..

Thanks,

Sandeep

Tuesday, August 1, 2006 6:27 PM

Answers

• It sounds like you would benefit from having a copy of the PVP-UAB spec.  This is available under NDA.  Please send a request email to PVP@microsoft.com.  It would be good if you could describe your application in the request email.

Wednesday, August 2, 2006 7:24 PM