none
FireFox Rendering Problems RRS feed

• Question

• First of all, the design looks great - wonderful visual improvements.  Clean lines, and logical navigation.

The problem I'm having takes place on Firefox on OSX.  I also experience the issue on Firefox on Windows.

When I browse into a detail page in the MSDN library, the right-pane doesn't display correctly.  There are typically DIV artifacts (blocks of white where it looks like some kind of a DIV placeholder lives).  Also, the scrollbar that typically lives on the right hand side of the app itself actually floats as an artifact on top of the right-pane page in random locations.

Although the drop-down menu's are sexy and the animation is slick - it's not necessarily enhancing my usability thus I'd rather just have it turned off.

Once you get Firefox fully supported, the library and main site would be top notch.

Although I like IE for some purposes, most of my daily web usage has migrated to Firefox.  This is primarily due to add-ins and the way it functions for me.
    Tuesday, June 5, 2007 2:42 AM

Answers

• We work hard to be compliant with all browsers on the market including Firefox. However with the major effort involved with the new design and library integration with the Developer Centers, we could not fix all of the rendering problems without a major delay getting this out to all customers. Also, due to long history behind something as massive as the MSDN Library, there are some historical artifacts in the markup which could contribute to the problems you're seeing. We are also looking to incorporate more user control over the entire experience (including the drop-down menus you mentioned). We will continue to update and fix these problems, and ask that you keep the comments coming as we move foward with future library and site releases.

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 7:35 PM

All replies

• We work hard to be compliant with all browsers on the market including Firefox. However with the major effort involved with the new design and library integration with the Developer Centers, we could not fix all of the rendering problems without a major delay getting this out to all customers. Also, due to long history behind something as massive as the MSDN Library, there are some historical artifacts in the markup which could contribute to the problems you're seeing. We are also looking to incorporate more user control over the entire experience (including the drop-down menus you mentioned). We will continue to update and fix these problems, and ask that you keep the comments coming as we move foward with future library and site releases.

Tuesday, June 5, 2007 7:35 PM
  • Thanks, it's nice to get a response and understand that you're working to increase the usability.

Cheers.
    Wednesday, June 13, 2007 3:16 AM