none
Turn off Yes/No Authentication for "Connect this Sharepoint Contact List to Outlook?" RRS feed

• Question

• Good Afternoon All,

I have configured a login script via batch file to connect a contact list from Sharepoint to Outlook 2013 using Syssync. This is working fine and executing properly, however it asks, each time the user logs in, if they would like to "Connect this sharepoint contact list to Outlook?" stating that you should only trust sources that you know or own.

I do trust this source, but how can I stop it from asking for this YES/NO authorisation? I want the batch file to execute, open Outlook, add the list, and that's it; zero human intervention.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Liam

Thursday, July 7, 2016 2:57 PM

All replies

• Hello Liam,

Did you try to contact SysSync developers?

What code exactly do you use to connect a contact list from SharePoint to Outlook? Do you get the same results if you connect a SP list to Outlook manually?

[custom.development]

Friday, July 8, 2016 11:36 AM
  • Hi Eugene,

Thanks for the reply.

I haven't tried SysSync Developers yet.

Yeah, if I connect via a hyperlink or batch file, I am prompted with the words "Connect this Sharepoint Contact List to Outlook?" with the options of Yes or No. Clicking No refuses the connection, clicking Yes, takes me to the Contact page, and successfully adds the list.

My problem is that, I wanted to roll the batch file out as a login script, but since it keeps prompting with that Yes/No message, I just know that most of my clients will panic and hit no; so I wanted it to automatically accept.

The code I use, modified for my sharepoint location, is the stssync protocol - 

stssync://sts/?ver=version&type=folder-type&cmd=command-name&base-url=sts-url&guid=the-guid&site-name=site-friendly-name&list-name=list-friendly-name&list-url=list-url

Do you know if this is possible?

Many thanks :)

Liam

Friday, July 8, 2016 12:03 PM