none
Installation error RRS feed

• Question

• When I hand the binaries to another computer I can not install...

Customized functionality in this application will not work because the certificate used to sign the development manifest for "" or its location is not trusted. Contact your administrator for further assistance.

Thursday, September 20, 2018 6:14 PM

All replies

• Hi mainepaine,

I'm researching this issue,  I will get back to you if I found related solution. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Lina

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Friday, September 21, 2018 3:51 AM
  • Hi mainepaine,

It sounds like the ClickOnce trust prompt is disabled.  In most cases, this is because your network drive is considered to be in the Internet, not the Intranet.

This is the reason why this exception message is appearing. 

Can you try telling your customers to copy the entire installation folder to the local computer, and then running the install?

You can either define your network drive to be in the Intranet or TrustedSites zones.

For more information, please review the following link:

System.Security.SecurityException

How to: Configure inclusion list security

addin fails to install from a network share

Hopefully it helps you.

Best Regards,

Lina

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

• Edited by Lina-MSFT Friday, September 21, 2018 5:33 AM
    Friday, September 21, 2018 4:07 AM
  • Do I need to give the customer the cert and he will use Internet Options -> Content -> Certificates to import?
    Friday, September 21, 2018 10:34 AM
  • Hi mainepaine,

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, you need to give the customer the cert.

if you like, you can change the trust prompt settings to not require an Authenticode certificate when installing from the Internet zone, but this probably isn't a good idea.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Lina

Monday, September 24, 2018 7:10 AM
  • Hi mainepaine,

Thanks for your asking. Please remember to mark the replies(Include your solution) as answers if they helped and please help us close the thread.

Thank you for understanding. If you have any question, or update, please feel free to let us know.

I wish you a happy life!

Best Regards,

Lina

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 5:59 AM