none
Publishing: Got error while publishing

Question

• Hi,

I am able to create a pipeline that calls some stored procedures. Validate the steps successfully. And Debug the pipeline which runs each step successfully. However when I press publish this fails and I receive no usable information. View details only shows 'Got error while publishing'. Is there any way for me to find a usable error or recover this without losing my work? It appears leaving the page discards the work under all circumstances.

Thanks

*This is using the online Authoring & Monitor page in Edge.
    • Edited by Nick Wogan Wednesday, May 16, 2018 11:24 PM
    Wednesday, May 16, 2018 11:22 PM

Answers

• Hi Paras,

It looks like the issue is fixed.  I think our problems were related to source control and publishing our master branch (which we still cant do).  I'll raise a new incident if we cant find a solution online.

Thanks for your help.

Darren

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 8:13 AM

All replies

• Thank you Nick for reporting this. We are aware of this issue and will have a fix for this ASAP.

Thanks,

Paras

Monday, May 21, 2018 1:25 PM
  • We released a fix for this issue. Do you still see the issue?
    Tuesday, May 22, 2018 1:53 PM
  • Hi,

I don't think this is fixed as I am having problems publishing today.  I have made changes in my master branch but the publish icon is still greyed out.  I cant run the pipeline via a trigger because it wants to publish the pipeline first. 

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Darren

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 12:51 PM
  • Hi Darren,

If you are publishing from factory/live mode, then the publish icon will only be enabled if you have made changes in factory/live mode. It would not consider the changes made on git branch.

If you want to publish changes done in Git branch then you would need to first switch to GIT mode and to that specific branch and then do publishing from there.

Are you trying to publish from GIT mode and the publish icon is disabled?

Thanks,

Paras

Friday, May 25, 2018 3:34 AM
  • Hi Paras,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes we are publishing from GIT and the publish button is greyed out.

I cant trigger a pipeline because it needs to be published first.

Thanks

Darren

Friday, May 25, 2018 10:06 AM
  • Hi Darren,

Can you share the screenshot of the top bar that shows publish button and git branch?

Thanks,

Paras

Saturday, May 26, 2018 2:39 AM
  • Hi Paras,

It looks like the issue is fixed.  I think our problems were related to source control and publishing our master branch (which we still cant do).  I'll raise a new incident if we cant find a solution online.

Thanks for your help.

Darren

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 8:13 AM