The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure Active Directory!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
AADSTS65005: The request has failed because the client has not specified this resource in its requiredResourceAccess list RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm trying to acess an OData feed using Power Query.
    The service is guarded by an AAD OWIN middleware and is registered in AAD.

If I try to consume the service, a popup appears which allows me to login, but after login I get the following error:

"
    AADSTS65005: The client application has requested access to resource <resource>. This request has failed because the client has not specified this resource in its requiredResourceAccess list.
    Trace ID: acdb2c32-4249-46e4-8afe-38db0aad991b
    Correlation ID: aed596d5-b663-42ae-8621-64a8e04dc8fa
    "

Does anyone know what might be the problem?

Thanks!

Sunday, February 8, 2015 7:25 AM

Answers

• Hi,

By default, a registered app is configured to request "Read the user's profile", which once consented to by the user, allows the app to get a user token (id token if using OpenID Connect) and read the signed in user's profile (including their mail address or addresses) when calling the Azure AD Graph API. 

Please try setting the resource in your request to Azure AD,

Please refer to the similar thread:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26093954/oauth-integration-with-o365-fails-with-error-aadsts65005

Regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, February 12, 2015 8:45 AM