Windows App Cert Kit Hangs After App is Obfuscated

Question

• I have an app that runs and pass certification test. The same app is obfuscated and it still runs after obfuscation. But the same app will hang the certification test now. Any ideas about how to trouble-shoot this problem?

btw, after I use task manager to kill the certification process, the files in AppCertKit directory are left at an 'open' state and the next test will not run.

Thursday, February 07, 2013 3:14 PM

Answers

• Hello Frank

The tests are a series of different tests, put together by different teams to test different things. So the short answer is - I don't know without investigating. But it would seem likely/plausible.  Have you investigated at all using tools like Process Monitor so gain an understanding of what is going on in the test sequence at the time?  If you need to get depth technical help with this you can raise a support case with us then we can work with you one on one to investigate.

If you want to do that, go to http://aka.ms/StoreSupport , click the option for technical support, select App submission... as the Problem Type and select Certification Tools. The case should then get routed to the technical team. During the submission, login using the Microsoft Account associated with your Developer Store subscription.  Then, at payment option, you can choose "Store subscription". That way you will be able to make use of the support entitlement included in your subscription.

Thanks

Doug

• Marked as answer by TChiang Thursday, May 16, 2013 1:35 PM
    Thursday, May 16, 2013 10:26 AM

All replies

• Hi phorego,

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Min Zhu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, February 08, 2013 2:55 AM
  • Hello phorego

Do you get the same hang with a simple test app (rather than your main project) when obfuscated?

What obfuscation technology are you using?

Thanks

Doug Stewart

Microsoft Developer Support

Monday, February 11, 2013 11:39 AM
  • Hi Doug,

A simple test app behaves the same. I am using Crypto Obfuscator. I have also refered this problem to the vendor. They will look into it.

Thanks.

Monday, February 11, 2013 4:01 PM
  • Ok, thanks for the update phorego. Please response back if there is something you need from the Microsoft side after speaking with the vendor.

Regards

Doug

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 4:15 PM
  • Doug,

Looks like Reflection is the problem here. Is the toolkit using reflection ?

Frank

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 3:27 PM
  • Hello Frank

The tests are a series of different tests, put together by different teams to test different things. So the short answer is - I don't know without investigating. But it would seem likely/plausible.  Have you investigated at all using tools like Process Monitor so gain an understanding of what is going on in the test sequence at the time?  If you need to get depth technical help with this you can raise a support case with us then we can work with you one on one to investigate.

If you want to do that, go to http://aka.ms/StoreSupport , click the option for technical support, select App submission... as the Problem Type and select Certification Tools. The case should then get routed to the technical team. During the submission, login using the Microsoft Account associated with your Developer Store subscription.  Then, at payment option, you can choose "Store subscription". That way you will be able to make use of the support entitlement included in your subscription.

Thanks

Doug

• Marked as answer by TChiang Thursday, May 16, 2013 1:35 PM
    Thursday, May 16, 2013 10:26 AM