SR. High School May and June RRS feed

• Question

•  

I am looking for practice exercises using the services and activities of VPL in logic that I can use on a day by day activity as we finish up our work with remote bluetooth electric wheel chairs using parallax's bs2 boe-bot.

I also am looking for a VPL reference. If I were looking as regards, "GWbasic", I would call what I am looking for a command reference guide.

having a great time working with VPL.  My class is working with the simulation and bluetooth programming using Parallax's bs2 Boe-Bot.

al

Thursday, April 26, 2007 12:22 AM

Answers

• VPL does have its own help (which you can access through the Help menu in its IDE). Included are eight simple tutorials to illustrate some basics on using it. Also included is a reference to the menu commands.

There really isn't the equivalent to a "command" reference guide because other than the menu's there are no commands. Services should be self-documenting and may dynamically be added, so it would be very difficult to have a reference to all the services. However, the common Activities are documented in the help.

There is also a nice on-demand video tutorial on VPL at our website.

That's all we currently offer, but perhaps others have put together some simple VPL samples to do interesting things out there.

Tuesday, May 1, 2007 12:24 AM

All replies

• VPL does have its own help (which you can access through the Help menu in its IDE). Included are eight simple tutorials to illustrate some basics on using it. Also included is a reference to the menu commands.

There really isn't the equivalent to a "command" reference guide because other than the menu's there are no commands. Services should be self-documenting and may dynamically be added, so it would be very difficult to have a reference to all the services. However, the common Activities are documented in the help.

There is also a nice on-demand video tutorial on VPL at our website.

That's all we currently offer, but perhaps others have put together some simple VPL samples to do interesting things out there.

Tuesday, May 1, 2007 12:24 AM
  •  

Thank you;  I have gone through vpl(1) and tried vpl(2). Can't make it work.  We are currently working with the parallax boe-bot bs2 stamp and have gotten it working using c# and bluetooth with the Dashboard.  We want to move it to the xbox360 controller and will continue to work with simulation tutorial 1 which supports the xbox360.

I am particularly intrested in some logic problems utilizing the services and basic sctivities using input and output dialogs in the simulation mode.

Thank you for the input.  Any Thoughs??

al

Tuesday, May 1, 2007 11:40 AM