Installing Multicab On Storage Card RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I am creating Multicab for my one of applications using multicabinstall Project in "\Mobile6SDK\Samples\Common\CPP\Win32". When I select install on device it works properly, but if I select install on "Storage Card" then it gives an error :
     "The Multicab can be opened. Either it is not trusted with signed cetificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the proble persist try reinstalling or restoring the files."
    Can anybody tell me what can be solution for this.

Thanks In Advance

HarshalaS
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 5:40 AM

Answers

• When you sign a cab, you also need to sign all the assemblies/cabs within the cab.

To diagnose the problem I would also suggest that you check the code carefully. And pay special attention to all the *pathes* (by printing some log files maybe). As I go through the "Multicab Whitepaper.doc" I found that the pathes in step 4.e won't apply to storage card, as they are hard coded as "\Program Files\...".

Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community.
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Tuesday, January 26, 2010 2:16 AM
    Friday, January 22, 2010 10:54 AM

All replies

• Hi HarshalaS,

Please have a look into discussion in thread below :

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/vssmartdevicesnative/thread/28e2aed3-6c78-49fa-986e-0b2c8691322d

Hope this will help you.
    Thanks, Mohsin Shaikh. If you find my post is helpful for you then mark it as answer.
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 6:27 AM
  • HarshalaS,

I am having exactly the same problem. I created a thread on Monday (Sunday US time) but still don't have an answer, see thread here http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-AU/windowsmobiledev/thread/ae3a4e74-a444-4b1a-8c66-311a2c1fce42

I can tell you that the certificates that are included in the SDK sample expired on the 31/12/2009. You can find a link to the new certificates using the above link. However after downloading the new certificates and placing them in the directory C:\Program Files\Windows Mobile 6 SDK\Tools\Security\SDK Development Certificates and using SDKSamplePrivDeveloper.pfx to sign mutlicab.exe and mcsetup.dll I am still unable to get mutlicab.exe to run.

I know this isn't an answer but it may help you in finding out because I have run out of ideas.
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 1:44 AM

• When you sign a cab, you also need to sign all the assemblies/cabs within the cab.

To diagnose the problem I would also suggest that you check the code carefully. And pay special attention to all the *pathes* (by printing some log files maybe). As I go through the "Multicab Whitepaper.doc" I found that the pathes in step 4.e won't apply to storage card, as they are hard coded as "\Program Files\...".

Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community.
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Tuesday, January 26, 2010 2:16 AM
    Friday, January 22, 2010 10:54 AM