none
Images showing in chrome RRS feed

• Question

• hello,

I'm after a prod in the correct direction

I have a webform that is going to be working as a collection point, the customer will enter their order number and it will display the details of the job along with an image this works fine in IE however i need it to run in chrome, I'm using a local destination for the images " W:\wdesign\sqlgraphics\A000104-1.bmp "

however i get the below error within chrome

Not allowed to load local resource: file:///W:/wdesign/sqlgraphics/A000104-1.bmp

Due to a signature box later on within the webform that only works in chrome I have to get chrome displaying local images

Tuesday, August 7, 2018 8:40 AM

Answers

• file:// is the base issue, you need an address such as this one

http://127.0.0.1:1234/wdesign/sqlgraphics/A000104-1.bmp

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

• Marked as answer by Towle92 Wednesday, February 27, 2019 12:13 PM
    Tuesday, August 7, 2018 10:31 AM

All replies

• Chrome is strict with security, check out the following.

http://www.chrome-allow-file-access-from-file.com/windows.html

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Tuesday, August 7, 2018 9:55 AM
  • thanks for the help, however after trying this i have the same problem still
    Tuesday, August 7, 2018 10:12 AM
  • file:// is the base issue, you need an address such as this one

http://127.0.0.1:1234/wdesign/sqlgraphics/A000104-1.bmp

VB Forums - moderator

• Marked as answer by Towle92 Wednesday, February 27, 2019 12:13 PM
    Tuesday, August 7, 2018 10:31 AM
  • As Karen says, the path should be a URL back to the website.  You should also be able to use a relative path.

Note that this means that the folder of images must be a sub folder of the web application within the web server.

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Tuesday, August 7, 2018 11:56 AM