Pete

Science

Roger, Sam

Music,Math

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 6:30 AM

Answers

• User1471008070 posted

Hi,

From the stucture of your dataset, I think it will be better if you implement this requirement in T-SQL, in report level, there is no build-in feature to support this. However here I still would recommend you to submit a feedback to Microsoft Connect at this link at this link https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/Feedback This connect site is a connection point between you and Microsoft. Your feedback enables Microsoft to make software and services the best that they can be, Microsoft might consider to add this feature in the following release after official confirmation.

Regards,
    Challen Fu

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 1:14 AM

All replies

• User-269404413 posted

Jassu,

its very simple only.

design time drag the second name next to the first name, like the same move hte mark and subjects then run time just pass the Datatable then you can see the design like your expectation.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 7:48 AM
  • User843229376 posted

No, its not like this.

Actually in Dataset I have five fields Period ,Date,Name,Age,Subject.  I am using stored procedure to get the data in dataset.

design time drag the second name next to the first name,

So I can't drag because the two blocks in same period are coming from Storedproc..

this what I am getting(output) from StoredProc for PERIOD 1

Period                  Name                      Age            Subject              Date

Period 1             Kim                            19             Physics            1/2/2011

Period 1            Rafael                         24            Music                1/2/2011

Period 1            Sam                            21             Tennis              2/2/2011

Period1             Roger                          20            Hockey              2/2/2011

So If I have Period in ROW of matrix and Date as Column in Martix ,I will be getting the report as first fig (in the original query).

What I want is second fig of the original question.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 8:47 AM
  • User1471008070 posted

Hi,

From the stucture of your dataset, I think it will be better if you implement this requirement in T-SQL, in report level, there is no build-in feature to support this. However here I still would recommend you to submit a feedback to Microsoft Connect at this link at this link https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/Feedback This connect site is a connection point between you and Microsoft. Your feedback enables Microsoft to make software and services the best that they can be, Microsoft might consider to add this feature in the following release after official confirmation.

Regards,
    Challen Fu

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 1:14 AM