none
WS7E components RRS feed

All replies

• The license featue list is here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsembedded/en-us/products/westandard/component-library.mspx Manually you have to figure this out. I have noticed an issue if you include something like Win32 Application Runtimes and Libraries it wants to pull in Windows Data access Components. If you interpret the list, this means WS7P license, which doesn't make sense.

A different spin on the question: What is the list of feature packages that should be avoided so the image doesn't fall into WS7P?

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com, Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XPe Supplemental Toolkit, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Saturday, July 10, 2010 4:15 PM
  • We will be releasing a tool that helps you to access the license requirement in the next a couple weeks. It is similar to the Runtime License Assessment Tool that Windows Embedded CE has. Meanwhile, the best resources are the website that Sean points out, and the official OEM license agreement. You can watch for our team blog for the announcement when the tool is released.

Sean -

Windows Data Access components are allowed in WS7E SKU. The table on the website shows they are marked for both WS7E and WS7P SKUs, that means they are allowed in both.

Weijuan

Check out Embedded Windows Team Blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/embedded/default.aspx
    Sunday, July 11, 2010 5:57 AM
  • I'm also trying to create an image (that matches the WS7E profile).

I've tried using the new License Assessment Tool, and that wants me to knock out two features - BranchCache, and DirectAccess.

BranchCache requires the removal of peer-to-peer networking, and unfortunately Networking and Sharing centre depends on this, so effectively removes that too. Will N&S centre really need to be removed from a WS7E profile? Seems harsh.

I'm still trying to work out how to remove DirectAccess - the relationship between the feature names in Licensing Assessment tool and ICE doesn't quite seem to match - and searching through a whole pacakge isn't fun.

PS Here's a suggestion - how about providing an ICE template for each of the licensable profiles?

As an OEM targeting a number of vertical markets with WES7 capable hardware, we will want to offer the widest set of capabilities at each licensing point... 

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 10:03 AM
  • It is nice to see that the tablet was updated.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com, Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XPe Supplemental Toolkit, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Tuesday, July 27, 2010 4:52 PM