none
Excel crashes while closing workbook in Office 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

There was VBA code written for Excel 2003 which is referencing Microsoft Soap Type Library. When I opened this workbook in Excel 2010, excel crashes while closing the workbook. I realised that Microsoft Soap Library doesn't exist on Win7/Office2010. I have installed MS Soap Library 3.0 explicitly. After installing this and referencing properly also, this is crashed. Following event is logged in the event viewer. I also saved this workbook with .xlsm extension. This also couldn't help. Can you please help? Many thanks.

Faulting application name: EXCEL.EXE, version: 14.0.7132.5000, time stamp: 0x53ec9d06
    Faulting module name: EXCEL.EXE, version: 14.0.7132.5000, time stamp: 0x53ec9d06
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x002636ee
    Faulting process id: 0x19fc
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cfd64d7f0eaca4
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\EXCEL.EXE
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\EXCEL.EXE
    Report Id: 1927aa97-4242-11e4-a773-0c8bfdf17736

Thursday, September 25, 2014 6:10 AM

All replies

• Did you try to debug the code? When is Excel crashed?

BTW Do you have any add-in installed for Excel?

To work around this problem, add a reference to the   Microsoft Office SOAP Type Library 3.0 in the VBA project. To do this, follow   these steps:
    1. In the VBA editor, click References on the Tools menu. The References - VBAProject dialog box appears.
    2. Click to clear the MISSING: Microsoft SOAP Type Library v3.0 check box.
    3. Click Browse. The Add Reference dialog box appears.
    4. Locate and then click the Mssoap30.dll DLL that is included with Office 2003, and then click Open. A reference to the Microsoft Office SOAP Type Library 3.0 is added in the References - VBAProject dialog box.
    5. Click OK, and then run the project.

Thursday, September 25, 2014 8:53 AM
  • HI,

There are other add-ins but I have disabled/removed all of those and as I told you I have referenced MSSOAP30.dll properly. I tried to debug but I don't have any WorkBookClose event as this is crashing only upon closing Excel. Debug doesn't point to any of my VBA code.

Thursday, September 25, 2014 12:22 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting in MSDN forum.

To narrow down whether this issue was caused by the code or the workbook, I suggest that move the VBA code to see whether this issue could be reproduced.

If yes, would you mind share the code to help us to reproduce the issue.

If not, I suggest that repair the Office to see whether this issue was fixed.

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, September 26, 2014 2:05 AM