"Access is denied" on HealthRecordInfo.NewItem RRS feed

• Question

• I got "Access is denied" when upload images to HealthVault PPE with an applicationID I created before.
    So I was thinking to make another try and created a new ApplicationID in HealthVault Application Manager. However this newly created ID does not show on HealthVault Configuration Center. And the wierd thing is Configuration Center is showing several applicationIDs that I have deleted long time ago.

Anybody know what's happening?
    Thanks,
    - W.Z

Monday, July 12, 2010 4:29 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Could you please check whether you have added Personal Image data type(assuming you are working with image data type, or if you are working with files, you can add File data type) with read/write permissions to the Application ID. Even after adding data type, if you still see "Access is Denied" error, please post the stack trace. Can you please make sure whether you have uploaded the certificate to configuration center.

Regarding the application ID's being showed in configuration center, I could repro the issue on my side. I will contact the technical team on this internally.

-Mahesh
    • Marked as answer by W.Z. _ Wednesday, July 14, 2010 8:42 PM
    Monday, July 12, 2010 5:33 PM
  • Can you please send your application Id so that I can check your application configuration. Please check whether you have given enough permissions (read/write) to file datatype for your application Id in HealthVault config center (https://config.healthvault-ppe.com/default.aspx).
    If you have given enough permissions and still facing the issue, please check the similar thread: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/healthvault/thread/3653346b-a7f6-43cc-9f6e-e6a553bb8415/
    -Mahesh
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 5:53 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Could you please check whether you have added Personal Image data type(assuming you are working with image data type, or if you are working with files, you can add File data type) with read/write permissions to the Application ID. Even after adding data type, if you still see "Access is Denied" error, please post the stack trace. Can you please make sure whether you have uploaded the certificate to configuration center.

Regarding the application ID's being showed in configuration center, I could repro the issue on my side. I will contact the technical team on this internally.

-Mahesh
    Monday, July 12, 2010 5:33 PM
  • Yes my code is using MedicalImageStudy datatype, the code was working well if I use the cert file came with the HealthVaultImageSample solution. But same code was getting "Access is Denied" with the cert file I created in application manager.

Now I'm geting error "Invalid application identifier. No application was found with the given application id. " after login to HealthVaule. For testing, I did remove the applicationID from HV application manager, but I did import the pfx again and verified that this applicationID is showing on HV application configuration center. This is the same error I got when use the newly created applicationID (which did not show on HV configuration center, another issue need to be resolved). I can send you my applicationIDs if that's help.

-W.Z

Monday, July 12, 2010 5:53 PM
  • Could you please let me know whether you have uploaded the certificate to platform? You can do this by going to HealthVault Application Manager, right click on the certificate and select Upload Certificate to Platform and add the data type to the certificate. If you still do not see application ID in configuration center, can you please send me the Application ID.
    -Mahesh
    Monday, July 12, 2010 6:05 PM
  • Yes for the newly created applicationID I did Upload Certificate to Platform, but don't the see it shows on Application Configuration Center, the appID is 7d05c11e-70ef-4ac5-951e-5d0fcaddebdc

-W.Z

Monday, July 12, 2010 6:15 PM
  • I guess the Application ID(7d05c11e-70ef-4ac5-951e-5d0fcaddebdc) was not configured properly. Can you please check Generating and managing an ApplicationID section in this blog. If you still face the problem, please try creating a new Application ID.
    -Mahesh
    Monday, July 12, 2010 6:57 PM
  • But what kind of configuration do I need after create in Application Manager and Upload Certificate to Platform? Anyway after that I did create a new application ID, but this time it did not show on HV Application Configuration Center. I did mention that in my first message.
    I tried another time after got your message, same thing happened.

Thanks, W.Z

Monday, July 12, 2010 8:01 PM
  • Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I could repro the issue on my side.There is no action taken from HealthVault Application Manager when I selected the newly created certificate and upload the certificate to the HealthVault Application Configuration Center. I will check this with the team internally.

As of now, you can create a new ApplicationId from the configuration center. Please look for the create a new application link within the Application Configuration Center.
    Plese check the following blog for creating your own ApplicationId and certificates: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/healthvaultfaq/archive/2010/02/11/creating-your-own-applicationid-and-certificates.aspx

-Mahesh
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 9:24 AM
  • The issue has not been resolved. I still got "Access is denied" when upload file to HealthVault using ApplicationID I created. The detail exception is as following:

Microsoft.Health.HealthServiceAccessDeniedException was unhandled by user code
      Message="Access is denied."
      Source="Microsoft.Health"
      ErrorCodeId=11
      StackTrace:
           at Microsoft.Health.EasyWebRequest.WaitForCompletion() in e:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\EasyWebRequest.cs:line 750
           at Microsoft.Health.EasyWebRequest.Fetch(Uri url) in e:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\EasyWebRequest.cs:line 204
           at Microsoft.Health.EasyWebRequest.Fetch(Uri url, IEasyWebResponseHandler customHandler) in e:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\EasyWebRequest.cs:line 245
           at Microsoft.Health.HealthServiceRequest.ExecuteInternal() in e:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\HealthServiceRequest.cs:line 140
           at Microsoft.Health.AuthenticatedConnection.ExecuteRequestWithRetry(HealthServiceRequest request) in e:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\AuthenticatedConnection.cs:line 1033
           at Microsoft.Health.HealthServiceRequest.Execute() in e:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\HealthServiceRequest.cs:line 125
           at Microsoft.Health.HealthRecordAccessor.NewItems(IList`1 items) in e:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\HealthRecordAccessor.cs:line 640
           at Microsoft.Health.HealthRecordAccessor.NewItem(HealthRecordItem item) in e:\src\hsmain\private\prod\src\sdk\core\HealthRecordAccessor.cs:line 577
           at SamplePage.btnSubmitMedicalImageStudy_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Projects\HealthVault\SourceCode\HealthVaultImageAdaptor\website\Upload.aspx.cs:line 190
           at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
           at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
           at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
           at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
           at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)
           at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
      InnerException:

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 4:58 PM
  • Can you please send your application Id so that I can check your application configuration. Please check whether you have given enough permissions (read/write) to file datatype for your application Id in HealthVault config center (https://config.healthvault-ppe.com/default.aspx).
    If you have given enough permissions and still facing the issue, please check the similar thread: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/healthvault/thread/3653346b-a7f6-43cc-9f6e-e6a553bb8415/
    -Mahesh
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 5:53 PM
  • Thanks Mahesh, it's working now after I added Medical Image Study data type on online rule tab under my application ID.

Just so you know that Application Configuration Center is still displaying the deleted appIDs.

-W.Z

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 8:41 PM