WLK 1.6 DP WLK - Hot Add & Hot Replace RRS feed

• Question

• After realizing that these two tests have a constraint of only running on Datacenter, I modified them to include Enterprise.  Both tests run and pass.  My question is does this constraint modification invalidate the test pertaining to WHQL certification?  If so, why is there a dependency on Datacenter?  Which then leads me to ask why is it not better documented that 2008 x64 & 2008 R2 should be certified on Datacenter?

Thanks,

Nik

Wednesday, May 1, 2013 11:59 AM

Answers

• If a test passes, it passes.

WLK 1.6 has been relegated to legacy status for a long time now.  So while we appreciate your efforts to experiment with it, realistically we'll leave it at that.

Our recommendation is to move forward with WHCK for your development and testing activities.

Regards,

--svb

Thursday, May 2, 2013 12:06 AM

All replies

• If a test passes, it passes.

WLK 1.6 has been relegated to legacy status for a long time now.  So while we appreciate your efforts to experiment with it, realistically we'll leave it at that.

Our recommendation is to move forward with WHCK for your development and testing activities.

Regards,

--svb

Thursday, May 2, 2013 12:06 AM
  • I have started testing with HCK however one of my drivers is a virtual smartcard reader driver and so far this seems to throw HCK off a bit.  One of the tests ends up stopping with a message stating that if the card reader has a card inserted please remove it.  At this this point the device (virtual) does not have any card data, but the test will not progress forward.

I know I should really rerun the test and post a new question with more data, but I thought I would just throw this out there to see if anyone had any information.

Thank,

Nik

Monday, May 6, 2013 4:00 PM
  • This is untrue or at least misleading.  WLK 1.6 is still required for Imaging testing and as such still needs support.  Maybe you could call that legacy but its misleading to say this and dismiss as this makes it sound like all test questions are simply a curiosity which they are not. 
    Thursday, June 19, 2014 8:38 PM