Extend the visual appearance of the solution explorer RRS feed

• Question

• I want to extend the visual appearance of the solution explorer in VS 2013+ like the source control does or the power tools that add squiggly lines for indicating syntax errors. However, I could not find the APIs for doing that. The only thing I found is the UIHierarchy, which enables me to change the content of the tree, but not adding visual items. How would I do that?

Best regards,
    Christoph

Friday, November 13, 2015 3:07 PM

Answers

• Hi Christoph,

>>The only thing I found is the UIHierarchy

It only allow us to change the content of tree item. If you really want to add squiggly lines for indicating syntax errors. I think you need to create a Solution Explorer by yourself.

Best Regards,
    Jerry

• Marked as answer by DotNet Wang Monday, November 30, 2015 7:39 AM
    Wednesday, November 18, 2015 6:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Christoph,

Since this issue is related to the VS extesnion, I help you move this case to the Visual Studio Integrate forum for dedicated support.

Thanks,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 16, 2015 6:32 AM
  • Hi Christoph,

>>The only thing I found is the UIHierarchy

It only allow us to change the content of tree item. If you really want to add squiggly lines for indicating syntax errors. I think you need to create a Solution Explorer by yourself.

Best Regards,
    Jerry

• Marked as answer by DotNet Wang Monday, November 30, 2015 7:39 AM
    Wednesday, November 18, 2015 6:52 AM