Windows Azure Deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,

I developing a c# web project which will deployed on windows azure platform as cloud service.

I have new project a Windows Azure cloud service and a new role project Asp.Net Web Role. T

This has created 2 projects in my solution, the first one simple project with a folder name "Roles" and couple of *.cscfg files and a *.csdef file and second project the standard asp.net web form project.

Currently if i need to debug, i just click on "Start Debugging (F5)" and this will deploy the project locally and all works fine but it is slow and it takes time to run.

I would like to host my second project locally on IIS Web Server locally and develop and once ready to deploy on windows Azure then i can package and deploy but unfortunately i am unable to get this working. 

Is it possible for me a create a script that will deploy the project locally windows Emulator and all point to local web server hosting the asp.net project and it will be running whole day. when i need to debug i just attach the process with local IIS.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks 

Bhavesh

• Edited by brvaland Friday, September 28, 2012 2:10 PM
    Friday, September 28, 2012 2:07 PM

Answers

• Hello Bhavesh, if I understand correctly, you want to host your azure project on a IIS Web Server locally, because the emulator is to slow for you?

If that's the case, no you can't, I notice that sometime between new SDK's, performance changes, and this time it's a bit slower, but with a good PC you should be ok.

• Marked as answer by Dino He Friday, October 5, 2012 2:27 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by brvaland Friday, October 5, 2012 3:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by brvaland Friday, October 5, 2012 3:09 PM
    Monday, October 1, 2012 3:20 PM