none
Webcast Registration Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Please help!!  I cannot register for any webcasts!!  This started late last week and is still happening today, 5-19 AM.  I get the following error message.

"An unknown error occurred while processing your request. This is most likely due to a connection failure. Please try again."

For example, I am at the screen to register for the webcast "
    IT Manager Webcast: Managing Windows Server 2008 with Configuration Manager (Level 300)", I click the  Register for this Live Webcast button, and I am taken to https://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/Register.aspx?culture=en-US&EventID=1032376636&CountryCode=US which displays the unknown error message below.

I am encountering the same problem from multiple Vista and Windows XP based computers and I am experiencing this problem from multiple locations, so it is not based on my IP address.

I normally watch 3-6 webcasts per week and this is preventing me from signing up for this week's webcasts.

Any suggestion on how to resolve this problem?
    Any suggestion on what might be an effective resource to resolve this problem?

Ralph_Horn@hotmail.com
    Monday, May 19, 2008 4:17 PM

Answers

• Hey Ralph,

I put out some queries.  Microsoft knows about this problem and they're currently working on it. 

Hopefully, the WebCasts won't be down too long.

-Patrick

Monday, May 19, 2008 10:14 PM
  • Hi Patrick,

Just tried now and I am able to register for webcasts.

Thank you for your responses.

Ralph

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 3:43 AM

All replies

•  

Hey Ralph,

I can confirm that the webcasts appear to be down.

It doesn't appear to be just this particular webcast either.

I'm getting the following error:  An unknown error occurred while processing your request. This is most likely due to a connection failure. Please try again.

Hopefully, this will be a temporary outage.

-Patrick

Monday, May 19, 2008 7:12 PM
  • Hi Patrick,

I still can't register for webcasts as of about 5pm Central Time. I still receive the same error.

(Thanks for your response confirming that more than just myself is having this problem.)

Ralph

Monday, May 19, 2008 10:06 PM
  • Hey Ralph,

I put out some queries.  Microsoft knows about this problem and they're currently working on it. 

Hopefully, the WebCasts won't be down too long.

-Patrick

Monday, May 19, 2008 10:14 PM
  • Hi Patrick,

Just tried now and I am able to register for webcasts.

Thank you for your responses.

Ralph

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 3:43 AM
  • Down again... any idea when it will be up and running again?

Sunday, May 25, 2008 2:43 PM