Deploying Applications for PDA RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've created a program for PDA using MS VS 2005 and I was able to install it in my PDA after creating a Cab file using the  Smart Device CAB Project. This created 3 files namely; (1) A Text Document - CabWiz.log, (2) a CAB file which is a  Zip file & (3) a file with .inf (setup information).

I have to manually copy & paste the CAB file to the PDA and then "Click" that in the PDA to get it install in the PDA.

I want to do the following:

On clicking the setup file in my Desktop computer, the program should be installed in my PDA and details of the Program should appear in the "Active Sync"  (such as Name of the program and its size - now what I get is only the Name of the program but the size appears as Zero)

Can any one tell me how to do the Installation the way I wanted - ie clicking the file which is in the desktop and get it installed rather than maually copying & pasting the applications (the CAB file) to the PDA (either Device memory / memory Card).

I used the method given by the article which was suggested by Mr Paul Diston in this forum for a similar question I asked nearly 2 months ago.

Thanks
    VKSBK.
    A Real Novice Programmer !
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 10:19 AM

Answers

All replies