none
Authenticate to PSI from within MOSS workflow RRS feed

• Question

• I am developing a MOSS/WSS workflow that needs to read information from a published project ( eventually I'd like to update a custom fields so I'd like not to have to use the reporting database)..

After closely examining things with Fiddler it looks like the workflow is trying to invoke the PSI service with:

WSS_KeepSessionAuthenticated={8363f1e9-dcce-48a0-b747-a163c409ecfc}

and the response accompanying the 401 is

Cookies/Login
    WWW-Authenticate: Negotiate
    WWW-Authenticate: NTLM
    WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="guydevserver"

The response are exactly the available authentication methods on the PWA so it's what I expect ...

So obviously I need to figure out how to get the PSI service invocation to recognize the properly authenticated Session for the logged on user:

I realize the I'm going to have to add the principal for the Session user to the PWA service or elevate the permission somewhere along the line..

Could this be as simple as just shoving another fresh set of credentials into the ClientCredentials on the services's client?

All science is either physics or stamp collecting
    Tuesday, August 17, 2010 6:28 PM

All replies

• I tried another couple of things --

Since I can't connect to any of WCF services from within  the workflow, I attempted the WCF impersonation. Since I couldn't  get to the resoource service I put the NTUserAccount and UserGuid values into a configuration file.

next I built up the context string ( it looks pretty much like the one from the ImpersonationTest sample application)..

WebOperationContext

.Current.OutgoingRequest.Headers.Add("PjAuth", contextString);

When I invoke the method, I get a Access denied, Negotiate on the Client and Negotiate,NTLM, and Basic in the Reqeust Header..

I've added Allow NTLM to the Windows.ClientCredentials , so I'm a bit puzzled...  At this point one would think that it's a mismatch between the WCF lash-up and II7, but the exact same WCF settings work from a plain old ASP.Net page.

All science is either physics or stamp collecting
    Wednesday, August 18, 2010 8:55 PM