Report not running via IIS but runs well through VS2005 RRS feed

• Question

• User246057125 posted

I moved my application to server machine with Windows 2008 Server R2 OS. The report runs well when opened through Visual Studio but when run from browser or IIS, the reports give error: Load Report Failed.

I think the report is not able to log on to the server (Windows 2008). How to solve this issue?

Monday, November 28, 2011 4:51 AM

Answers

• User1196771204 posted

hi rpk006,

Based on the issue you described here, it seems that crystal report is not setup properly on your deployment server. There are several requirements to run Crystal Report:

1. Please make sure the CR version installed on the server matches the one you use on your application/website
    2. Please make sure that the assemblies of the CR installed on the server are referenced correctly on your web.config
    3. Please make sure you set the application pool of your application to operate under LOCAL SERVICE permission
    4. Please make sure FULL TRUST mode is enabled on your operating folder
    5. Please make sure crystalreportviewer and aspnet_client folders are copied to your operating folder.

I have been using Crystal Report for a while. I have also tried the latest Crystal Report for VS 2010 and initially, I experienced the problem like you do now. By following all the steps above, your CR will certainly work fine. Should you still have problems, you can consider hosting it with asphostcentral.com. For details to solve your issue, you can check here.

Please mark this response as an "answer" if it helps you. Thanks heaps

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, November 28, 2011 9:32 PM

All replies

• User1196771204 posted

hi rpk006,

Based on the issue you described here, it seems that crystal report is not setup properly on your deployment server. There are several requirements to run Crystal Report:

1. Please make sure the CR version installed on the server matches the one you use on your application/website
    2. Please make sure that the assemblies of the CR installed on the server are referenced correctly on your web.config
    3. Please make sure you set the application pool of your application to operate under LOCAL SERVICE permission
    4. Please make sure FULL TRUST mode is enabled on your operating folder
    5. Please make sure crystalreportviewer and aspnet_client folders are copied to your operating folder.

I have been using Crystal Report for a while. I have also tried the latest Crystal Report for VS 2010 and initially, I experienced the problem like you do now. By following all the steps above, your CR will certainly work fine. Should you still have problems, you can consider hosting it with asphostcentral.com. For details to solve your issue, you can check here.

Please mark this response as an "answer" if it helps you. Thanks heaps

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, November 28, 2011 9:32 PM
  • User246057125 posted

@necro:

I already tried the third suggestion and it worked. By default CR was running as a network service. Once I changed the Application Pool settings to Local System, it worked.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 12:01 AM
  • User1196771204 posted

hi rpk2006,

I am glad to understand that I can help you out :) 

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 1:31 AM