How do I configure Visual Studio to use specific IP in debug? RRS feed

• Question

• User-296654088 posted

Hi,

I'm developing a new MVC 5 app that is a Windows Azure cloud service. It also uses Facebook authentication.

The problem is that when I debug my code, the Azure emulators are forcing IIS Express to use 127.0.0.1:SomePortNumber. Even though I enter this IP and port number in Facebook app profile as the sandbox URL, Facebook refuses to redirect back to 127.0.0.1 -- I assume due to security reasons.

I posted some questions about this on StackOverflow and someone suggested this solution:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9169641/azure-emulator-web-site-is-not-visible-by-facebook

It's easy enough to create an entry in my local hosts file but how do I get both Visual Studio and IIS Express to use a fake domain for debugging purposes as opposed to 127.0.0.1?

I'd appreciate your help with this. Thanks.

P.S. Once, for whatever reason, Visual Studio/IIS Express, used 127.0.0.2 and Facebook accepted that IP. So, I'd be perfectly happy if I could get my app to use 127.0.0.2 to debug my app.

Thursday, January 30, 2014 12:18 AM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

HI SamU

If you want to debug useing specific IP address in Visual Studio, here is the hint for you: debugging a Web server requires NTLM authentication. By default, IP addresses are assumed to be part of the Internet, and NTLM authentication is not done over the Internet. When creating the project, specify the name of the machine on your intranet. Or Add the IP address  to the list of trusted sites on your computer. (From the Internet Explorer Tools menu, choose Internet Options, and then select the Security tab).

hope it helps.

Regards

Angie

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, February 4, 2014 11:22 PM