none
best way to display a table in winform

All replies

• Saturday, April 8, 2017 10:48 AM
  • Hi,

There are not enough details to properly respond.

I will say high level, if by "generate" you mean create a table in a database then use SQL in tangent with a data provider. See CREATE TABLE. Then in your app perhaps create a DataTable with the same structure of the table created with CREATE TABLE. Set the DataTable to the DataSource of a DataGridView then allow users to add, edit etc. Have a button to insert data into the newly created table using a data provider e.g. SqlClient for SQL Server OleDb for MS-Access etc. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Saturday, April 8, 2017 10:50 AM
  • I agree with MasaSam intuitively. But, as Kareninstructor mentioned, the best way can not be judged without the further information.
    Sunday, April 9, 2017 4:40 AM
  • I need to draw a table with content, should i:

create an RDLC report and use the Table Control or a msword document or html document?

Sunday, April 9, 2017 4:44 AM
  • Hi jaleel2007,

Are you trying create a RDLC report then please refer to below sample. Hope this helps you.

RDLC Report in C#

Thanks,
    Sabah Shariq

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Sunday, April 9, 2017 3:33 PM
  • Hi jaleel2007,

If your issue is solved please Mark as answer or Vote as helpful post to the appropriate answer so that it will help other members to find solution if they faces similar issue.

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful

Thanks,
    Sabah Shariq

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Monday, May 15, 2017 1:07 PM