none
How to get the same value of Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.Appointment ID from Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.AppointmentItem? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I want to know that which property of 

Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.AppointmentItem will give me the same value as Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.Appointment - Id property.

Currently, I used GlobalAppointmentID from Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.AppointmentItem, but the values are different I suppose.

Please guide.

-Vinay Pugalia
    If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post or "Vote as Helpful".
    Web : Inkey Solutions
    Blog : My Blog
    Email : Vinay Pugalia

Friday, June 3, 2016 6:41 AM

Answers

• Hi Vinay,

>> is there any way by which we can convert GlobalAppointmentID to give us Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.Appointment - ID value, if we can not get it directly.

As you have checked the properties, I think there is no such property to store this id.

Based on your description, you want to access a particular AppointmentItem using EWS, if so, I suggest you try EWS managed api, you can retrieve appointments and meetings from a calendar folder by using the CalendarFolder.FindAppointments EWS Managed API method or the FindItem EWS operation.

You could refer the link below for more information.

# How to: Get appointments and meetings by using EWS in Exchange

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/dn495614(v=exchg.150).aspx

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by vinaypugalia Tuesday, June 7, 2016 7:48 AM
    Tuesday, June 7, 2016 7:15 AM

All replies

• Hi vinaypugalia,

>> I want to know that which property of  Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.AppointmentItem will give me the same value as Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.Appointment - Id property

I checked the properties of Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.AppointmentItem, I did not find any Id property. I suggest you check the values for Id property, and check whether there is such value in Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.AppointmentItem properties.

I find ConversationID is in both objects, I suggest you check whether this property will meet your requirement.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, June 6, 2016 1:59 AM
  • Hello Edward,

Even I could not find any matching property.

For ConversationID, I always get a NULL value when access from Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.AppointmentItem

At this moment, I will go ahead one more step deeper into what I am trying to do.

Actually, I just want to access a particular AppointmentItem using EWS. I can successfully search it if I store the GlobalAppointmentID in a UserProperty of the AppointmentItem & then apply appropriate Search Filter while accessing from the EWS. But as Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.Appointment - ID property seems to be a more neat approach to get a particular AppointmentItem, I am trying to get this value directly from  Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.AppointmentItem.

Just thinking loud, is there any way by which we can convert GlobalAppointmentID to give us Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.Appointment - ID value, if we can not get it directly.

Please guide.

-Vinay Pugalia
    If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post or "Vote as Helpful".

Monday, June 6, 2016 4:17 AM
  • Hi Vinay,

>> is there any way by which we can convert GlobalAppointmentID to give us Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.Appointment - ID value, if we can not get it directly.

As you have checked the properties, I think there is no such property to store this id.

Based on your description, you want to access a particular AppointmentItem using EWS, if so, I suggest you try EWS managed api, you can retrieve appointments and meetings from a calendar folder by using the CalendarFolder.FindAppointments EWS Managed API method or the FindItem EWS operation.

You could refer the link below for more information.

# How to: Get appointments and meetings by using EWS in Exchange

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/dn495614(v=exchg.150).aspx

Best Regards,

Edward

• Marked as answer by vinaypugalia Tuesday, June 7, 2016 7:48 AM
    Tuesday, June 7, 2016 7:15 AM
  • Yes, this would help but my plan is to fetch only the required meeting directly & I thought that if I can do it by it's ID, that's it!

Anyways, thanks for the link & your help!

For now, I am marking your above reply as answer as this is the nearest solution we have for now.

Thanks!

-Vinay Pugalia

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 7:48 AM
  • Hi Vinay,

If you have any other issues, please feel free to post in this forum.

Best Regards,

Edward

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 2:41 AM