rdlc file opens in xml but not in design. Updated Visual Studio recently. Need help RRS feed

• Question

• User1182587605 posted

I am working on a project and recently updated my VS from 2015 to 2017. My existing reports execute well but when I try to open the RDLC file in Visual Studio to modify, I get an XML version of it. I need to open it in Design mode to make some modifications in it. I tried right click, open with but did not find any Report Designer in there to open it. All I found is a list of XML and HTML openers. Please help me how to modify this. Either download something or do any modification.

Please help me in this.

Regards,

Deepak

Monday, August 28, 2017 11:40 AM

Answers

• User1182587605 posted

I have downloaded Microsoft.RdlcDesigner and now I am able to open the RDLC files in design mode.

I hope this helps someone.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, September 4, 2017 11:01 AM

All replies

• User347430248 posted

Hi acmedeepak,

I try to check the issue and I find that this issue is related with Visual Studio Forum.

I also contact Visual Studio Support team and confirm it.

I cannot move this thread directly to Visual Studio Forum.

so I suggest you to close this thread and post a new thread in Visual Studio Forum.

below is the link for the Visual Studio Forum.

MSDN Visual Studio Forum

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 7:13 AM
  • User1182587605 posted

Thanks Deepak Panchal, I will do the same.

Regards,

Deepak

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 7:18 AM
  • User1182587605 posted

I have downloaded Microsoft.RdlcDesigner and now I am able to open the RDLC files in design mode.

I hope this helps someone.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, September 4, 2017 11:01 AM
  • User347430248 posted

Hi acmedeepak,

I can see that your issue is solve now.

but this thread is still open.

I suggest you to mark your last post as an answer.

it will help other community members in future who will meet same kind of issue.

Regards

Deepak

Tuesday, September 5, 2017 1:46 AM