architecture for developing application on cluster RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I want to know how to develop application on cluster. Is there any specific architeure for that?

Suggest me solutiions.

Friday, May 28, 2010 7:15 AM

All replies

• You mean sql server clustering?

It's intended to be a pretty much transparent way of one machine taking over from another if it fails.  The difference is in how the servers are configured rather than development architecture.

Friday, May 28, 2010 10:55 AM
  • Actually development perspective there are not much things to do but there are more of configuration/deployment efforts involved to support a given application running well on clustered environment.

1. Session Management : If you are using a web application than your session has to be shared on a centralized location (may be outproc or sql server). Or if you don't wish to go for shared session, you can go for sticky session which will make sure the request and server combination would always be the same. Please follow how to enable session state as SqlServer or sticky sessions.

2. Cache Management : if you have enabled caching in your application, you need to make sure that works well with clusters. You may have to follow cache cascading techniques to achieve that.

Also you need to make sure that in your code or any of the config, you don't hard code server name but use virtual IP of your load balancer. 

Let me know if this helps.

Monday, May 31, 2010 6:12 PM
  • How to scale .net applications:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff650667.aspx

Regards,

Jai

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 7:41 AM